This blog isn't about sex. It's about great sex! I set it up because you only live twice, once in your dreams.

This blog is a portal to the wonderful world of web-based erotic writing. It also serves as a filter: finding stories for you to enjoy without worrying. Use both the reviews and the labels to help you identify stories which will suit your tastes. If the idea of ‘oral’ makes your stomach churn, click on ‘romance’ in the label cloud. Use the rating system: from 0 for nonsexual to XXX for eyebrow raising. (Just your eyebrows will do, thank you, sheesh!)

And use the biggest sexual organ in your body: that’s your brain, dumbo! Which bit of you do you think processes the little messages from your nerve endings in a kiss and releases the endorphins that make you go Whoopdidoo! As you read the reviews and choose stories, as you follow up other stories from those outside of this site: Think before you Click. Come Home quickly if you’re not sure about what you find. Some stories out there are far out on the wild side because humans are inventive beings –not always in nice ways.

Remember too that these are fantasy erotic stories and so the sex is always sizzling. In another life, just being close to someone you have always liked is usually enough. They won’t need a 10“ wonger or GG breasts to turn you on.

Take care of your sweet self and enjoy your dreams.

Monday 27 October 2014

Soul Service Inc.

From WowCondoms
(XX)
Well ... now for something completely different! CQTRose develops the Halloween theme in a hilarious spoof with a science fiction setting. The alien viewpoint is a great way to make us see our world in new ways, and offers plentiful opportunity for funny misunderstandings. 

This story obviously has so much more coming (ho ho!). Surely these great characters with their well depicted world are not going to have just one story to their names? Please let Rose and Sweetie ride again! LOL.Can they come (ho ho) back for Christmas? They are surely on my list to Santa.

There is lots of sex in this hilarious romp, and there are lots and lots of condoms, and like many of the commentators, I laughed long and loud and frequently while reading Soul Service, Inc. No no, I can't say any more, I would spoil it for you, LOL. Make sure you read the comments, or you might miss one or two of the fab puns and jokes packed into this one.

There is also good effort to include multicultural characters. Unfortunately this is an area in which I am an expert! (If you'd like my chapter on writing black and minority ethnic characters, drop me a note - seriously.) So although it's a bit heavy for this one fun little story, I am unable to resist the chance to talk about this. Please let me make clear! I'm not having a pop here at all, CQTRose has made a good fist of things. I'm just taking the opportunity to explore some difficulties of character portrayal.

Given that there is an alien viewpoint, a good way to go would be to allow the humans their normal view of people with different skin tone and have the alien puzzle about that. It actually is odd that we lay so much emphasis on people with quite small physical differences belonging to different groups. One of my students and I were recently laughing, because her set essay was about tourists who go on beach holidays and bake themselves in the sun in spite of multiple warnings about skin cancer. "So," she said incredulously. "These people are going at risk of their lives to try to get the same skin colour that I have had all my life, and which I was teased mercilessly about at school?" 

I am not sure an alien would know what chocolate was, TBH. There is a tradition of describing people with darker skin tones as food, we tend to do more of the cinnamon, coffee and chocolate than we do the milk white. White is usually just .... not described. We assume whiteness. It's not easy to write descriptions of different skin tones when readers are assuming whiteness is invisible. 

Free painting lesson here!
In my own stories, I sometimes find I've written different ethnicities so subtly that readers miss that a character is from a minority ethnic group. I enjoy working at the different conundrums of multicultural character development. Should I describe the hair as wiry? Is it really wiry or is that an assumption? Since I gave this character's skin colour as ochre, shall I describe that one as flake white?

*Snaps* to CQTRose for being inclusive and thank you for the opportunity to reflect on this topic.

No comments: